At Corowa Preschool we currently run a 3 year old preschool session (Friday 8.45-12.45) and 4 year old sessions (8.15-3.45 M – F). Children are required to have turned 3 years of age prior to 31st July to attend. For 4 year old preschool children must turn 4 before 31st July in the year of attendance.
Enrolments for the following year normally occur around July/August but children can be registered to attend Corowa Preschool at any age. After this time all families that have registered a child will receive a session questionnaire to establish their preferences for sessions. We do our utmost to ensure families receive their first preferences but this cannot be guaranteed.
When enrolment forms are returned, we require payment of a non refundable registration fee ($28), an annual members fee ($2), a fundraising levy ($50) and a copy of the child’s birth certificate. We also require proof of immunisation status which shows that their child is fully immunised for their age or has a medical reason not to be vaccinated or has a conscientious objection, including religious reasons, to vaccination or is on a recognised catch-up schedule if their child has fallen behind with their vaccinations.
We are unable to enrol children unless families provide preschool with one of the following documents:
- An Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR) Immunisation History Statement which shows that their child is up to date with their scheduled immunisations, or;
- An ACIR Immunisation Exemption – Medical Contraindication Form which has been certified by an immunisation provider, or;
- An ACIR Immunisation History form on which the immunisation provider has certified that the child is on a recognised catch-up schedule.
A copy of your child’s immunisation details can also be obtained at any time:
- by calling the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register on 1800 653 809
- through Medicare Online Services at www.medicareaustralia.gov.au/online
- by requesting a statement by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- by visiting the local Department of Human Services Service Centre, Medicare office or Centrelink office